Hair Salon Photography
Full Day (8 Hours) – £650
For longer shoots or salons with larger numbers of stylists who are involved. A full day allows for the looks to be spread out and free up space within the salon. There is nothing worse for the creative process than fighting for space and time. One image of each style is included up to 12 looks. Less than 6 looks with a full day, will include two edits of each look. Additional images are charged at £25 per edit. Deposit £150 at booking
What do we need from you
For each shoot we will ask you to provide a written brief and mood board of images you like providing references for the style of lighting, backgrounds, poses as well as hair cuts. We will ask you to provide images of the cuts/styles you will be creating (they can just be phone snaps.) Finally, we will need to know whether you need models, most salons have their own, however the difference between a good shot and a great shot is usually the model.
Payments can be accepted in a couple of ways. Cash or BACS upfront, or alternatively by Direct Debit. We appreciate that being a business cashflow can be tough to maintain, especially with large single outlays. Due to this very reason, for larger packages we are able to offer payment by direct debit by on a monthly or quarterly basis (depending on the package). Images will be with held until the required payments have been made for that session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can the shoot be done? – We can shoot in Salon provided it is big enough, alternatively we can arrange studio space.
- How long would the shoot last for? – Depends on the package chosen, standard session is four hours, Hair Competition Package is one hour.
- How many looks included in the price? – No limit on the number of looks for standard session, however the number of edits included in the price depends on the shoot length. eg Half day includes 6 edits. Additional edits are charged at £25 per image.
- How many images are included in the shoot? -This depends on the package, please see the individual package details.
- What would the cost be if we run over? Each additional hour is charged at £75.00
- How do we receive proofs? – Via an online proof gallery. Images will be viewable on computers, mobiles and tablets. Proofs are unedited.
- Do we select the images or do you? – Entirely up to you! You can select for yourselves or we can help you select.
- How are the edited images delivered? – Digitally either on a disc or by Dropbox. Which ever you prefer.
- Can you provide prints? – Yes, prints can be provided for an additional fee.
- Can you provide models? – Yes, please provide me with a requirements for the model i.e. hair length, colour, ethnicity. We will also need to know your
- budget for this, as well as what you plan to do to their hair, the edgier the cut may require the model to be paid more.
- Do you have a Make-up Artist? – We have several very skilled makeup artists who we can recommend of varying budgets. Prices depend on time and complexity of the makeup required.
For additional cost we can help source or provide the following:
– Whilst the hair is clearly the focus of these shoots, a great makeup artist will make sure the model looks her very best and keep the focus where it needs to be. We have a variety of top quality makeup artists available to hire.
– We cannot stress enough that a photograph is only as good as the model in the shot. Many stylists want to use their clients, which is fine, however for a top image be prepared to invest in a model. We have many freelance models as well as model agencies that we can put you in touch with.
– The styling of a shoot is as important as the above, however it can encompass much more than just clothing. It could involve a set, accessories, and locations. We have a fantastic stylist available for hire who can add something really different to your images.There is no set cost for the above, it depends on what is required.Mention what you would like and we will put you in touch with somebody suitable or even speak to them on your behalf.